An informative, inspiring quick read by Richard Branson. Full of fascinating motivational stories, and similar to all entrepreneurs he is constantly moving against the force of naysayers, challengers and “no” people.
Happiness is Branson’s North Star; revealed in many of the quotes below. Another common theme is living in the moment.
- I often ask myself, is my work fun and does it make me happy? I believe that the answer to that matters more than fame or fortune. If something stops being fun, I ask why? If I can’t fix it, I stop doing it.
- But when you have goals and a positive outlook on life, you have something to aim for. Hard work and fun is what life is all about.
- As soon as something stops being fun, I think it’s time to move on. Life is too short to be unhappy.
- This is why I say, never just try to make money. Long-term success will never come if profit is the only aim.
- Some you win and some you lose. Be glad when you win. Don’t have regrets when you lose.
- I believe the one thing that helps you capture the moment is to have no regrets. Regrets weigh you down. They hold you back in the past when you should move on.
- Always living in the future can slow us down as much as always looking behind…Many people are always looking ahead and they never seem content…So, even though my diary is full for months ahead, I have learned to live for the moment.
- What’s money for, anyway? It’s to make things happen…Money was for making things happen. I believed it then and I believe it now.
- Respect is about how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.
- Whatever we want to be, whatever we want to do, we can do it. Go ahead, take that first step – just do it.